- European operators could save £426m a year through improved online self care 6 December 2013 | 4:12 pm
- Square acquires photo sharing app developer Viewfinder 6 December 2013 | 2:56 pm
- Brazil nuts 6 December 2013 | 1:59 pm
- Telefónica and Telstra invest in cloud storage provider Box 6 December 2013 | 1:04 pm
- Mystery operator wins Norwegian LTE spectrum 6 December 2013 | 12:30 pm
Providing More In-Depth Technical Analysis of SDN & Virtualisation Technologies Than Any Other Conference
Welcome to the 3rd Annual, SDN & Virtualisation Summit, part of the newly formed SDN & NFV World Series. This year's event is in the beautiful city of Vienna.
This is the flagship conference in Europe for Operators looking into SDN and network virtualisation and currently the ONLY global free-to-attend* SDN conference.
Following shockwaves sent into the industry by the ETSI NFV working group, and the unprecedented interest received by SDN & Open technologies; we’ve pulled out all the stops to make this year’s conference the essential meeting place for telco network professionals.
At the event you’ll find everything you need to understand SDN, its’ relevance to network functions virtualisation and the opportunities these present to the telecoms sector. But more than that, we will be digging deep from a technical point of view to understand from an engineering and architectural scope.
Topics to be covered include: Software Defined Data Centre, Network Functions Virtualisation,Virtualisation & the Cloud, Enterprise SDN, Northbound APIs & Interfaces
The event is co-located with Ethernet World meaning that you will network with 500+ attendees under one roof! Plus it is free to attend for Operators
Make your way over to the Speakers’ page to have a look at our great keynotes from 2013 event, including experts from: Amazon Web Services, British Telecom, IBM, PCCW Global, Deutsche Telekom, Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Colt Technology Services, Telecom Italia and many more.
*Free to attend for Operators.
- Europe's definitive meeting place for network virtualisation and SDN technology
- 100 leading international speakers from the world's leading SDN service providers and vendors
- More than 100 unique service providers in attendance, more than any other event in the European
- Over 30 of the world's leading infrastructure virtualisation vendors
- The most comprehensive and wide-reaching industry support and input from the defining industry
bodies, including: ETSI NFV ISG, OpenDaylight Foundation, ONF, Broadband Forum, NGMN, OIF,
OpenStack Foundation, and more
- Support & event coverage by our official media partner SDNCentral: working to promote our events,
and increase your market exposure
- Tailored and dedicated VIP meeting service; featuring our Speed Networking Zone. Enabling and
facilitating future business partnerships between sponsors and our most senior attendees
- Online networking facilities between attendees: ensuring that you don't miss out on any
networking opportunities, before, during or after the show
- Dedicated Showcase Spotlight Stage: demonstrating NFV in action, and live SDN in motion
- Co-location with the 11th Annual Ethernet World; enhanced exposure to the entire ecosystem of
telecoms engineering & architecture professionals
In October 2013; the world’s foremost thought-leaders in the Network Virtualisation industry converged in Prague. More than 40 of the industry’s best speakers shared their experiences, ideals, challenges, wants & needs to a packed house made up of Tier 1 & 2 carriers, industry associations, solution providers, analysts, consultants, OTTs and other key stakeholders from the realm of virtualisation.
Top of the agenda: what can SDN do for today’s carrier, and will it be the answer to network capacity issues faced across the industry? Will NFV fulfil its’ potential? What needs to be done to accelerate towards virtualisation rollouts, and what else is on the horizon for the “future network”?
From NFV & SDN, to OpenFlow, Data Centre, Cloud, OTN, and many others, we shone the spotlight across the entire carrier network and areas where we’ll be seeing benefits in the years to come. We looked at what’s happened already, with presentations from key industry groups like the ETSI NFV (who gave one of their first public statements of intent at last year’s show), OpenDaylight Foundation, coverage of ONF activity, and the most active carriers such as NTT, Deutsche Telekom, BT & Telefonica.
Click here to view the 2013 gallery.
Click here to download the post show report.
Excellent organization of a very interesting event. Importantly, it offered a real chance for Operators, Vendors and other players in the Telco arena to share their views and discuss about the challenges and the opportunities offered by SDN and Virtualisation. Open-source software and standard hardware will play a significant role in the coming Industry transformation, so meeting also the Players of such fields, at these events, will be extremely valuable.Telecom Italia
SDN Summit was a great insight into the use cases of software defined networking, and helped to remove a lot of the hype that surrounds the technology, and was also a great way to meet other telecoms professionals facing the same challengesSFR
Conferences like the SDN Summit are critical to establishing the use cases and problems facing operators, and consequently the direction of SDN development and ultimate solutions.IETF