- Turning BSS agility into business ability 15 April 2014 | 2:48 pm
- Carta Blanco: NFV at Telefónica 15 April 2014 | 10:50 am
- Mozilla appoints Chris Beard as interim CEO 15 April 2014 | 10:11 am
- Mobiltel extends 900/1800MHz spectrum licence 15 April 2014 | 10:05 am
- Vodafone NL to deploy IPTV solution from Entone 15 April 2014 | 9:49 am
Europe's essential meeting place for SDN & NFV Experts and Thought Leaders
Europe's most engaging SDN & NFV Conference & Expo.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual, SDN & NFV 2014, part of the world-renowned SDN & NFV World Series; the world's first free-to-attend SDN & NFV show*.
This year's show will be hosted in the beautiful city of Nice.
"An Industry-defining Conference"
Since its inception in 2012, the SDN & NFV World Series has grown into the most prominent series of events tailored towards the burgeoning virtualisation industry.
The 2014 show will feature the most recognisable and influential names associated with SDN, NFV & Network Virtualisation. From Facebook to Telefonica, ETSI NFV to the ONF, the show regularly attracts the finest speakers to help guide you through your virtualisation journey.
This comprehensive 3-day show will encompass real-life deployments of SDN in the network, NFV Proof of Concepts, Virtualised Security, Management & Orchestration, Transport & Optical SDN, Software Defined Data Center.
At the show you’ll find everything you need to understand SDN, its’ relevance to network functions virtualisation and the opportunities these present to the telecoms sector. But more than that, we will be digging deep from a technical point of view to understand the technology from an engineering and architectural scope.
And there’ll be comprehensive coverage of all the major topics & challenges we face in the industry today:
- Software Defined Data Center
- Network Orchestration & Control
- Realising NFV, including: vEPC, vCPE, vDPI
- NFV Proof of Concepts
- SDN in the Transport & Optical network
- SDN & NFV in the Cloud
- Security in a Virtualised environment
- Standardisation vs Open Source
- SDN Application Development
- FP7 & Horizon 2020 project updates
The show is also co-hosted with Ethernet World, meaning that you will network with the entire telecoms infrastructure industry; with more than 500 attendees under one roof! Plus it is free to attend for Operators!
Make your way over to the Speakers’ page to have a look at our great keynotes from 2013, including experts from: Amazon Web Services, British Telecom, IBM, PCCW Global, Deutsche Telekom, Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Colt Technology Services, Telecom Italia and many more.
*Free to attend for Operators.
- Europe's definitive meeting place for network virtualisation and SDN technology
- 100 leading international speakers from the world's leading SDN service providers and vendors
- More than 100 unique service providers in attendance, more than any other event in the European market
- Over 30 of the world's leading infrastructure virtualisation vendors
- The most comprehensive and wide-reaching industry support and input from the defining industry bodies, including: ETSI NFV ISG, OpenDaylight Foundation, ONF, Broadband Forum, NGMN, OIF, OpenStack Foundation, and more
- Support & event coverage by our official media partner SDNCentral: working to promote our events, and increase your market exposure
- Tailored and dedicated VIP meeting service; featuring our Speed Networking Zone. Enabling and
facilitating future business partnerships between sponsors and our most senior attendees
- Online networking facilities between attendees: ensuring that you don't miss out on any
networking opportunities, before, during or after the show
- Dedicated Showcase Spotlight Stage: demonstrating NFV in action, and live SDN in motion
- Co-location with the 11th Annual Ethernet World; enhanced exposure to the entire ecosystem of
telecoms engineering & architecture professionals
Why SDN & NFV 2014?
- Europe’s first SDN Hackathon! Organised by the application development community, for the application development community
- Europe’s first SDN Solutions Showcase: “SDN Show & Tell”
- Europe’s first Virtualised Orchestration Forum
- Europe’s first Application Developers’ Forum
- More than 500 SDN & NFV professionals in attendance
- 30+ of the world’s leading SDN & Virtualisation vendors
- 60% attendance from the operator community, unmatched at any industry show
- Participation from the entire industry ecosystem: Carriers, OTT players, Academics, Application Developers, Infrastructure Vendors, Industry Specification Groups & Associations, Consultants, Analysts, Venture Capital Firms, and more
- Officially researched and created in association with more than 25 SDN & NFV expert advisors, to guarantee the quality, accuracy & relevance of our content. (See back page for details)
The most engaging SDN & NFV Expo in Europe, featuring:
- 30+ exhibitors
- SDN Show & Tell Demonstration Showcase
- The SDN Hackathon
- Speed Networking Zone
- VIP Meeting Rooms & Speaker Reception Room
- the Sunset Social on the Terrace
In October 2013; the world’s foremost thought-leaders in the Network Virtualisation industry converged in Prague. More than 40 of the industry’s best speakers shared their experiences, ideals, challenges, wants & needs to a packed house made up of Tier 1 & 2 carriers, industry associations, solution providers, analysts, consultants, OTTs and other key stakeholders from the realm of virtualisation.
Top of the agenda: what can SDN do for today’s carrier, and will it be the answer to network capacity issues faced across the industry? Will NFV fulfil its’ potential? What needs to be done to accelerate towards virtualisation rollouts, and what else is on the horizon for the “future network”?
From NFV & SDN, to OpenFlow, Data Centre, Cloud, OTN, and many others, we shone the spotlight across the entire carrier network and areas where we’ll be seeing benefits in the years to come. We looked at what’s happened already, with presentations from key industry groups like the ETSI NFV (who gave one of their first public statements of intent at last year’s show), OpenDaylight Foundation, coverage of ONF activity, and the most active carriers such as NTT, Deutsche Telekom, BT & Telefonica.
Click here to view the 2013 gallery.
Click here to download the post show report.
Excellent organization of a very interesting event. Importantly, it offered a real chance for Operators, Vendors and other players in the Telco arena to share their views and discuss about the challenges and the opportunities offered by SDN and Virtualisation. Open-source software and standard hardware will play a significant role in the coming Industry transformation, so meeting also the Players of such fields, at these events, will be extremely valuable.Telecom Italia
SDN Summit was a great insight into the use cases of software defined networking, and helped to remove a lot of the hype that surrounds the technology, and was also a great way to meet other telecoms professionals facing the same challengesSFR
Conferences like the SDN Summit are critical to establishing the use cases and problems facing operators, and consequently the direction of SDN development and ultimate solutions.IETF